IPv6 NA RA

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

IPv6 NA RA

L0 Member

I'm running the PA-500 in a fully dual stacked mode yet I also want to run a Vlan as pure IPv6.  When or is it now possible with 4.1 to have the PA perform ND RA?

I've been waiting for this feature for some time now!

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

L6 Presenter

We do support ND (neighbor discovery, which is ARP in IPv6) in 4.0+.  We do not support RA (SLAAC).  We are working on this feature for a future release.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

L6 Presenter

We do support ND (neighbor discovery, which is ARP in IPv6) in 4.0+.  We do not support RA (SLAAC).  We are working on this feature for a future release.

I'm aware that ND is there, but was hoping to have ND & RA.

Is this likely to come in the 4.x stream or likely to come in 5.x

Hi,

I do know it's slated for a future release. Unfortunately, I'm unable to provide specifics, ie ETA or release version.

Questions regarding product roadmaps and support for new features should always be directed to your Palo Alto Networks reseller or sales representatives.

Thank you,

Benjamin

• 1 accepted solution
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!