IPv6 on public interface

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

IPv6 on public interface

L2 Linker

Dear all,

I'm ttrying to get IPv6 up and running but so far without much success.

My ISP assigend a /48 range to me and they are saying I need to use DHCP. AFAIK, DHCPv6 is not supported, but NDP is.

Assume my IPv6 prefix is

abcd:1234:5678::/48

So I enabled IPv6 on the public interface and set the interface IP  to

abcd:1234:5678::/48

Enabled Interface ID as Host, Anycast, RA

Also enabled router advertisements.

Something seems to be wrong as I'm getting:

An inconsistent router advertisement was received from address ...

Any idea how to debug that further?

Do I need to ask the ISP for the default gateway IPv6 address? For IPv4 I'm getting that via DHCP and added that as the default route to the VR. 

What also concerns me is that when I do a packet capture for IPv6, all the router advertisements appear in the received but also in the dropped logs.

Is there anything missing so that the RA packets actually reach the firewall?

Regards,

Andreas

2 REPLIES 2

L2 Linker

My ISP confirmed that I need to use DHCPv6 with prefix delegation.

I suppose this is not supported by Palo Alto?

Regards,

Andreas

If an ISP is using IPv6 with DHCP, what would the interface config and routing config look like on a Palo gateway?

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!