IPv6 Routing Capabilities

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

IPv6 Routing Capabilities

L0 Member

Hi ;

I think for now we can't route any IPv6 traffic on palo alto firewalls.

I am curious if there are going to be some implementations about IPv6 routing algorithms/protocols on Palo Alto firewalls soon or not?

Can someone give some information about that topic?

Thank You...

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

Palo Alto Networks Guru

Hello,

With PAN-OS 4.0 we will be adding support for IPv6 on layer 2 and layer 3 interfaces.  This will include static routing and PBF on layer 3 deployments. 

Thanks,

Nick

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

L4 Transporter

I heard IPv6 will be fully supported in the 4.0 release.

Palo Alto Networks Guru

Hello,

With PAN-OS 4.0 we will be adding support for IPv6 on layer 2 and layer 3 interfaces.  This will include static routing and PBF on layer 3 deployments. 

Thanks,

Nick

Hi Nick,

Does that mean that Dynamic routing is not   supported at all, even with release 4.0 ?

regards,

Ayhan

• 1 accepted solution
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!