IPv6 strange behavior

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

IPv6 strange behavior

L4 Transporter

Hello,

We are running a PA-500 with version 4.0.2 and I noticed something strange today when adding a IPv6 address to a L3 subinterface.

This L3 subinterface already got a IPv4 address.

After doing the commit and when it almost finishes around 98% all connections to the network and all traffic going through the PA is dropped for some seconds. I think around 20 sec.

This includes all IPv4 traffic and even the connection to the IP used on the management port which I use.

Is this normal behavior?

BTW, it's the same when I remove the IPv6 address from the subinterface. Around 98% all traffic seems to stop for some seconds.

Jo Christian

/Jo Christian
2 REPLIES 2

L6 Presenter

Please open a case with support. You should not drop traffic during a commit.

-Benjamin

I have opened a case but getting no response Smiley Sad

Case number: 00039615

Jo Christian

/Jo Christian
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!