Currently, we are installing the Cortex XDR agent on Debian servers. We have followed the steps as the documentation says. But, when the services are gonna be started it shows an error:
"sbin/service: not found". All the services show "Stopped" status.
If I check the "/opt/traps" directory and if I run the command "dpkg -l | grep cortex-agent, all is ok. The agent is installed. The issue is when we try to execute it.
Is there something that we need to change?
This year I had the same issue in other Debian/Ubuntu servers. I opened a case with the TAC and after following this process, the services are ok.
- We have uninstall the XDR Agent. Follow the documentation in order to know which method to use.
- Rebooted the machine and installed the XDR Agent using - apt-get install ./filename.deb
- Found services were stopped. (Again).
- Started the services using Cytool runtime start all
- Could see the agent is reported to the console and services are working.
Hope it helps.
Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.
The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!
These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!
The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!