cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Issues with DHCPv6 Client with Prefix Delegation

L2 Linker

Hi there,

Playing around at home with DHCPv6 Client with Prefix Delegation.

Been following this guide: https://docs.paloaltonetworks.com/pan-os/11-0/pan-os-new-features/networking-features/dhcpv6-client-...

The configuration for the outside interface is working ok, and I get a prefix from my ISP.

What fails is when I try to configure my inside vlan interface to inherit the IPv6 prefix.
I get the following error when I commit:

Inherited Interface has no virtual-router configured.
Configuration is invalid

Ethernet1/1 which is facing the ISP and getting the IPv6 Prefix, is indeed configured with a virtual router.

Help? 🙂

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

L2 Linker

So to answer my own thread, if anyone else faces this issue.
I solved this by creating a new vlan-interface, and duplicating the config from interface "vlan" to "vlan.1", and then clear the config on interface "vlan"

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

L2 Linker

So to answer my own thread, if anyone else faces this issue.
I solved this by creating a new vlan-interface, and duplicating the config from interface "vlan" to "vlan.1", and then clear the config on interface "vlan"

• 1 accepted solution
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!