Layer 2 vlan subinterface restriction?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Layer 2 vlan subinterface restriction?

L1 Bithead

Hello

I am using PA VM-50 and wonder if there is any restriction on the number of Layer 2 subinterfaces that I can create under 1 interface.   I have more than 50 vlan subinterfaces created and the one I have added recently does not seem to pass traffic.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3

L1 Bithead

All the subinterfaces were created with the same profile but for different VLANs with each having an IP of .1 for the subnet.  I can ping from the end devices which are connected to the access switch to the .1 on the subinterfaces I have added earlier on the PA. The newer interfaces I have added (ie > 50) are somehow not working hence my question about the restriction.

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Hello,

According to this spec sheet, it should be able to take 512. But the vm-50 is like a test model. not really suited for deployment, just mess around at your house or something.

https://www.vmware.com/content/dam/digitalmarketing/vmware/en/pdf/products/nsx/vmware-esxi-datasheet...

Regards,

Thanks for the info. The problem appears to be a bug with the PA. The admin did a switch over and the connections worked now.  They will upgrade the software mentioning some cache/arp issues.

• 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!