LDAP Schema Attribute as User Report filter?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

LDAP Schema Attribute as User Report filter?

L3 Networker

Hi All,

I have a curly one, that a site has tried multiple solutions from HP, solarwinds, checkpoint, juniper etc etc to solve, and its all based around executive level reporting.

They have one large OU, with all users in it, two main classes, and then say 6 divisions in each class.

The execs want usage reports, initially with a split between classes, and then also deeper between divisions.

Computers are also in one large container.

On top of that, they dont VLAN, etc in a division sense, but a geographic sense.

So none of the normal options to extract data for custom reports.

Within the Sun One LDAP server, there would be attributes within each UID to identify which users belong to which division, and then class. Department code for example.

How would I use that schema attribute to create custom department reports?

2 REPLIES 2

L3 Networker

Hello, Could you open a case with support so that we can take a detailed look?

Thanks

I believe a case is being worked on by pre-sales, via Brett Callaughan ( Australian SE ), and been referred to HQ for discussion.

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!