ldaps being id as ssl

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

ldaps being id as ssl

L4 Transporter

Hi

So I have a rule 

ldap client -> ldap server allow ldap app

ldap app includes ldaps (636)

so I test this 

ldapsearch  ldaps://ldapserver

gets blocked as ssl.

what am I supposed to do ?

2 REPLIES 2

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@Alex_Samad,

Update the security rulebase entry that you made (or make a new one) that allows ssl with a custom service object for 636/tcp between the client and the server. Without decrypting the ldaps connection this traffic won't identify properly without it. 

Thats a pain.

so I have a rule that has ldap and default ports. now I need a new rule called ldaps with app ssl and port 636 ...

it is what it is

@BPry  if I create my own application - with parent app-id being ssl could I then use that application would the pa use my application ?

A

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!