Log Details not populating...

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Log Details not populating...

L3 Networker

PAN OS 4.1.1.  Looking in my traffic logs and then clicking on the magnifying glass to examine the details of an entry. The log details window opens and spins and spins and spins... never populates.  No change no matter which traffic entry I click on.

Any thoughts?  I've rebooted the device as the simple troubleshooting step with no improvement.

I may have to open a ticket, but thought I'd ask here first.

Corbett.

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

I'm also seeing the same issue in 4.1.2 but only in Firefox (I'm on v10.0 of the browser) - the log details appear ok in Chrome & IE8.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

L6 Presenter

If possible update to 4.1.2.

Could it be that the traffic you see isnt complete yet?

The default in PAN is to log at session end, dunno how those features works if you log at session start aswell and then try to dig into a flow that have just started but not completed (and therefor perhaps doesnt yet have any more details to show)?

No change in 4.1.2.  It isn't possible that the connections are still open as this fails to work even on my passive firewall... I can try recent log entries or old log entries with no result.

This is happening for me as well. 4.1.2

I'm also seeing the same issue in 4.1.2 but only in Firefox (I'm on v10.0 of the browser) - the log details appear ok in Chrome & IE8.

L2 Linker

It is happening to me as well on PANOS 4.1.1.  I think it may be browser- or platform-related, as it seems to work for me in Firefox 3.6.2x on Windows but does not work for me using Firefox 10 on Linux.  It works in IE7 and IE8.

Well, it never occurred to me to try another browser.  Thanks guys, it seems IE works.  I guess PA can add this to their bug list.

I'm seeing the same thing - log detail works fine in Chrome 17.0.963.79 and Safari 5.1.4, but not in Firefox 11.0.

Palo Alto Networks Guru

It is actually a bug in Firefox 10 and 11.  We have made a fix in our codebase to avoid the FF bug, and will have a fix in 4.1.5.   

I recently installed panorama 4.1.5 and the bug is still there with FF 10.0.4 in Win7.

IE 8 displays the wanted information but it doesn't really look good. The popup window sticks to the left browser border and draws a shadow to the very right.

We are hoping to include the fix in the 4.1.7 Panorama release. If FF fixes the bug before we release the fix then you will have an earlier solution.

We are sorry for missing the code checkin to Panorama which resulted in the fix only being in PAN-OS for 4.1.5.

• 1 accepted solution
  • 10 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!