Mapping users with user agent

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Mapping users with user agent

L3 Networker

Hi All,

to identify users , i  installed user-id-agent in AD, and then i added the user-id in palo alto

the status of the user agent in paloalto is connected, so when i tested the user agent in policies, i can apply just for group that i selected

but i can't see the users on paloalto , rather thant i see the users connected with there address in user-agent on AD

so how can i get the users in paloalto without adding ldap server

also, i want to know if i can get all users or just the connected ones

thank's in advance

best regards

Sarah

9 REPLIES 9

L0 Member

Hi,

Could you check firewall on paloalto user agent application installed server.It should be disabled or you should allow ports which you set up device ->user identification on your palo alto management site.

Thanks

Yes, the status of user-agent on palo alto is connected , and the service of user-agent on AD is running et it shows no erros , it get also the member connected with their adresses

Hi Sarah,

Can you please verify if you have Under Network Tab---->Zones -------> enabled user identification is checked where you need to identify the user.

Please let us know if this helps.

Thankyou

Numan

mbutt's suggestion is for the userid to actually take effect for your security policies.

In order to be able to select specific users (or groups) when you setup userid for a particular security policy you need to have the ldap server configuration active on your PA.

You either let PA connect on its own to your current LDAP service or you let your PA box proxy through the userid agent.

mbutt the user identification under zone is already enabled,

mikand, i thought that i could get user without adding ldap server , just with user-id agent installed on AD

Hi,

You could achieve user to group mapping with the old agent version 3.1.2 and you wont have to configure the LDAP server profile on the PAN.

Thanks,

Syed Hasnain

L3 Networker

Thanks to all for your helps

when i try to add the user in policies, the PAN-OS show me just groups no users

but i find the user when i type his name in the case

i think that pan works like that , it doesn't show you  the users until you type their name

i'm running pan-os version 5.1, so when i add the server in  device-user identification-mapping user-server monitor

and i click  to discover, i get " no domain configured "

This can be resolved by adding your domain in Device, Setup, Management, General Settings and add the value for domain. 

• 9 replies
  • 1 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!