Microsoft Edge is blocked.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Microsoft Edge is blocked.

Hi everyone! I have such kind of problem, maybe some of you have faced this.

I've blocked Chrome, Firefox and Opera, but it also blocked Microsoft Edge, which should work.

I tested deleting this application filters, which I created and found that the problem was with Chrome app filter.

I have shared it here. What can cause a problem?

blocking.jpg

5 REPLIES 5

I have found in some messages on forum that: ' the problem is that this signature also matches Microsoft Edge.' Maybe someone has another solution?

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@AzerbaijanSupermarkets,

I know that you could setup custom http headers on Microsoft Edge on Windows Mobile, so I would assume that you could do the same on a Windows device. As long as this is possible you could build a custom signature for that and allow it. 

Could you point out where others have run into this, that pattern should really never match a Edge request? 

@BPry

There was a request to block Chrome only, but after we setup this in production, we noticed that Edge isn't working too. So, if I'm not mistaken, your advice is to built new signature on Windows side and then implement in on Palo Alto?
Thanks in advance.

@AzerbaijanSupermarkets,

Essentially. The signature would be built out to trigger on the customize header you would have to setup on the Edge client side of things. 

L0 Member

I think this subject is not solved.

The issue is that in Edge o Edge Chromium we cannot put a pattern like Edg/\ as is too short so, how can Edge Chromium be block without blocking Chrome or other browser? 

Thank you very much in advance

• 5 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!