multi virtual system could not be activated

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

multi virtual system could not be activated

L4 Transporter

Hi,

after i activated vsys i got messages that the backup device is suspended because of the different multi vsys config.

Management CPU of the activ device was about 30% and even after 20 minutes nothing happend. Then i did a reboot on the backup device.

It seems to be that everything is normal. but then i saw this on activ device:

device-activ.PNG.png

and that on backup device:

device-backup.PNG.png

and to make it a little bit more confusing:

both-devices.PNG.png

this could be seen on both device ( activ / passiv vice versa)

Before i updated the PAN-OS to 6.0.1 from 5.0.11.  Any ideas i would appreciate.

Thx Klaus

6 REPLIES 6

L7 Applicator

Hello Klaus,

Could you please check system logs, HA-agent. log, ms.log for detail information for this incident.

Thanks

L4 Transporter

Hello Hulk,

what i found is that:

vsys-ha.PNG.png

repeating message in dp0-log

cli.PNG.png

but overnight the yellow marked  objects are gone.

I would activate multi vsys again but how long does it take and i want to be a little bit more convinced in doing this.

Cheers Klaus

L4 Transporter

one log-entry in detail:

log.PNG.png

how do i get the multi-vsys setting even?

Hello Kalus,

We see the above error message if the "multi virtual system capability" under tab > device> setup > management > general settings  is not enabled on the passive device.  You need same set of licenses on both devices in HA pair ,because when the devices switches over then you will not be able to get the same functionality on both of them.

Regards,

Jahnavi

Hi Jahnavi,

we have a HA pair and its working fine so far. So no problem with licence. . Is it right that the config will not be syncronized in this case and i have to do it seperately?

Regards Klaus

Hello,

Please take a look at page number 4 in below document.

Multi-vsys won't get synchronized and you need to enable manually on both devices and you need separate license for each device.

High Availability Synchronization

Regards,

Hari Yadavalli

• 6 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!