Multiple bidirectional NATs with multiple public IPs

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Multiple bidirectional NATs with multiple public IPs

L2 Linker

Hello,

I have /26 public IP addresses (164.67.80.65 - 164.67.80.126).  I bound ethernet 1/1 to 164.67.80.77/24.  Then I created a bidirectional NAT connecting 164.67.80.77 to 192.168.1.77.  Works great.  Now I want to setup a second bidirectional NAT: 164.67.80.78 to 192.168.1.78

Question:

Can I do this without using just the one external interface?  Can I "add" 164.67.80.78/24 to interface ethernet 1/1, eventhough it already has an address on the same subnet 164.67.80.77/24?

Thank you,

Chris

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

L7 Applicator

One momentSmiley Happy , you need not to configure 164.67.80.78/xx ip on an another interface. Once you will configure a NAT rule for IP address  164.67.80.78, the PAN firewall is intelligent enough to do PROXY ARP for that IP address since the interface is already configured with that subnet.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

L7 Applicator

Hello Chris,

As per my understanding, you cannot configure same subnet IP address in multiple interfaces. A firewall is supposed to segregate different broadcast domain. So, you can not tag same broadcast domain into 2 interfaces.

Thanks

L7 Applicator

One momentSmiley Happy , you need not to configure 164.67.80.78/xx ip on an another interface. Once you will configure a NAT rule for IP address  164.67.80.78, the PAN firewall is intelligent enough to do PROXY ARP for that IP address since the interface is already configured with that subnet.

Hulk,

You say "same subnet IP address in multiple interfaces" but I am not talking about multiple interfaces.  I am talking about only one interface: "ethernet1/1".

Are you saying that, as per your understanding, it is impossible to configure multiple IP address on the same subnet to a single interface?

Thank you again,

Chris

Please ignore my first update. Smiley Sad

You only need to configure a NAT rule for IP address 164.67.80.78. Everything else will be taken care by PAN firewall. ( you need not to configure that .78 IP to a physical interface).

Thanks

Thanks again, works great!

You are welcome sir. Smiley Happy

• 1 accepted solution
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!