Mute the Music while on Hold

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Mute the Music while on Hold

L0 Member

While waiting on hold for support, is there a way to mute the hold music? The same 35-second loop for 30+ minutes is just too much. 

Especially when you had a time slot reserved for an engineer. 

3 REPLIES 3

L0 Member

Hold music, changing our DNA, making us compliant one note at a time.

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

If you destroy your phone in a fit of rage after the 300th prompt to use the forum to process an RMA the music stops ... you will have to restart the call again however 😅

In all honesty though I don't think there's a way to silence this outside of being able to hand the call to an underling. The "official" answer would be to select the option to get a call back, but I think we can all agree that this option seems to lower the priority of which your call is actually processed. 

L1 Bithead

What's even more infuriating is the constant "Did you know you can find answers to your questions at paloaltonetworks.com? give it a try..." I wouldn't be on the phone if the answer existed on the website. The constant reminder of "I shouldn't have to be calling"

• 3 replies
  • 2 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!