NAT Configuration: Need information

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

NAT Configuration: Need information

L2 Linker

Hello everyone,

I need confirmation on configuration.
I attach a picture to this discussion.

Can you confirm that the 2 first menstrual sufficient for the proper functioning of an email server in the DMZ (not to mention filtering rules)?

Also, the first two rules can replace the last?

Thank you in advance for your help.

6 REPLIES 6

L5 Sessionator

first two rules can replace the last

You could keep only the last one, bidirectionnal allow you to minimize the number of NAT rule

it's better

L2 Linker

Thank you for your return.

One last question, if I understand the "dynamic IP" option, if I put in 'Source Address' multiple servers, so must I translating many public IPs ?

Can you confirm this?
Thank you all.

dynamic-ip : Pool Based Source NAT.

1Private:1Pool IP

If Pool is exhausted ,no more outbound connections.

Dynamic IP +Port :Source NAT with Port-Translation

Multiple Private  Source--->Single Public IP + dynamic Port

HTH

L4 Transporter

static translation is used to translate 1 ip to another one

the dynamic translation is a same but base on a range of ip or a subnet to be translated base on a pool of ip

but in this case if the pool is exhausted then you can switch to an alternate methode like dinamic ip and port translation.

dinamic port translation allow you to translate with only one ip and modified the source port for the tranlation.

L2 Linker

Thank you for your help, it is very clear!

• 6 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!