native vpn client

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

native vpn client

L4 Transporter

Has anybody been able to successfully setup the native windows vpn client for Windows 8 and 10 to connect through a palo alto firewall

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

We have it running successfully to connect to an IPSec VPN tunnel that terminates on the PA. I don't believe that the built-in portal can actually connect to the GlobalProtect setup properly. 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@jdprovine Do you mean connecting to an IPsec tunnel terminating on the Palo Alto, or are you just trying to establish a VPN connecting *through* the palo alto? 

Just trying to use the microsoft native client for windows 8 and 10 to connect to a portal I have configured on the Palo alto. I have users successfully connecting using global protect but because you can only have one global protect client on a pc, Ihave contractors that can only use the client to connect to our PA so I want to come up with another option. 

We have it running successfully to connect to an IPSec VPN tunnel that terminates on the PA. I don't believe that the built-in portal can actually connect to the GlobalProtect setup properly. 

I think you are completely right thanks!

Hi BPry,

Could you please share more details about how you have successfully configure Windows 8 and 10 native VPN Client to connect to PA?

It is not possbile with Windows 10 the type of VPN is not a options on the native client

• 1 accepted solution
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!