Need error information

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Need error information

L0 Member

I received a critical notification in the system log stating

Event:"Abnormal system memory usage detected, restarting mgmtsrvr with virtual memory 853744 KB.

I have been unable to find any documentation explaining what this error means or why it may have occurred. Could a Palo Alto representative please give me additional information about this error?

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions
6 REPLIES 6

L6 Presenter

L5 Sessionator

Hi Rauen,

Could you please tell us the software version that you are using? Also what is the hardware models of the device and are the device in HA pair or standalone. Like discussed in the thread, we had a known issue which is fixed in 6.0.4. Thank you.

The box is a PA-5020, OS: 6.0.3 and currently running in an active-passive HA pair. After the mgmtsrvr was restarted there were no more error messages and the issue has not affected the environment.

Hello Rauen,

Could you please let us know, if there is any core file has been generated by the firewall during this incident, you may apply CLI command > show system files.

Thanks

Thank you for the information. We cannot confirm for sure if you are hitting a same bug. But based on the software version and the error you are seeing, it seems probable that you are seeing issue that is fixed in 6.0.4. You can upgrade to 6.0.4 (which is suggested version by Palo Alto) if possible. Or open a support case if you need to find RCA. I would suggest upgrading the device first and monitor the status. Thank you.

L7 Applicator

Take a look into this doc for any matches: PAN-OS 6.0.4: Addressed Issues

• 1 accepted solution
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!