Need help to Delete a VM device registered with my Auth Code

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Need help to Delete a VM device registered with my Auth Code

L0 Member

I built a lab on Hyper-V to test and learn PA NGFW for my exam PCNSA, but unfortunately my Window Server crash and I had to replace Hard disk. I login to my PA account to deactivate that license but it is asking for license removal token which I can only get from VM , but that VM no longer exist..

How can i remove that license from my Account .Need help Please.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3

L4 Transporter

Hi

I had that happen as well. Just open a support ticket and ask them to remove the attached license because of a computer crash.

VM license removal uses a code generated on the VM that you paste (offline, or the VM does it automatically) into the support portal - I don't think you'll be able to bypass this without the VM up and running.

Hope it works out,

Shai

Thanks for the reply 

When I am creating ticket it won't allow me to select the vm and from vm the hard drive crash it's gone I had to install new hard drive in the server. 

Hi

I think your best bet now is to call support +14087387799 

Just type '1' when asked for a serial number and you need help finding it.

You should be routed to a person from the admin team and tell them your issue. As long as the customer has a valid support license they should be able to assist, even in your case that you had a crash and cannot perform this yourself.

Shai

• 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!