Network Monitor

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Network Monitor

L3 Networker

Hello all,

I've noticed that when I compare the last 6 hours verses the last 12+ hours the bandwidth show double the bandwidth usage?  Can some please explain why this is the case?11-26-2013 2-43-09 PM.jpg11-26-2013 2-42-37 PM.jpg

thanks for all replies.

7 REPLIES 7

L6 Presenter

did you get this for only that day or it is periodically same ?

L5 Sessionator

Hi,

Keeping in mind that the calculations are done and reported on the session end. So it is possible that the session started in the first 6 hours mark however it ended in the next 6 hours time. That will show the difference in the application usage. Hope this helps.

Regards,

Numan

I guess I'm not getting your answer, the hour sessions had ended, they should be the same the the hour?

I get it for all reports I run regardless of the time or day.

L4 Transporter

Hello,

Yes from the graphs I see the bandwidth is kind of doubled for a single time frame when compared.

I would suggest select the time frame for what is seen in Network Monitor note the numbers for Bytes for a particular application like web-browsing and so on. Now in the ACC tab select the custom time option, and select Bytes as drop down and look for the Applications and select Web-browsing. Here we would get Bytes and sessions for same time frame. If we compare they should be same if not some thing might be wrong in reporting.

Thanks

L5 Sessionator

Hello Nichelson,

If you look in network monitor for last 6 hours it displays for every half-an-hour.

If you look for last 12 hours it displays fro every hour.

As per my understanding if you add(in last 6 hours) you'll get same result what it is displaying for last 24 hours.

Regards,

Hari Yadavalli

I dint notice that in the reports.  It makes sense.  Thank you!

• 7 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!