Announcements

Next Generation Performance Testing for NGFWs

L6 Presenter

I found this video last day which might be interresting for some of you:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxdJNK2YAQU

"

Next Generation Performance Testing for NGFWs

Published on Mar 27, 2013

In this video, Jerish Parapurath, Sr. Technical Marketing Manager at Palo Alto Networks, explains why next-gen firewall (NGFW) testing is different from other types of firewall testing, what you need to know about NGFW, and how Palo Alto uses the Ixia BreakingPoint system to test NGFW performance.

"

And in case you missed it, somewhat related to above:

http://www.paloaltonetworks.com/literature/solution-briefs/tech-partners/arista.pdf

Whats your experience from performance testing PA-devices?

As a sidenote this presentation made by NSS-Labs regarding threats and an IPS ability to detect those is interesting aswell:

Vulnerability Threat Trends - YouTube

"

Vulnerability Threat Trends

Published on Mar 27, 2013

Dr. Stefan Frei, Research Director at NSS Labs, presents key findings from an analysis of publicly-available vulnerability data found in the National Vulnerability Database (NVD) and the Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures (CVE), identifying industry-wide threats and trends covering the last ten years.

"

1 REPLY 1

L4 Transporter

My only response is another thread both of us participated in...

2050 only handles 1/4 of its advertised throughput

I'm watching the YouTube video and forwarding it to my team, maybe we overlooked something (I really hope we did overlook something)

• 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!