no fpga memory for dfa

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

no fpga memory for dfa

Not applicable

Hi all,

I get some warning message as below, is there anybody meeting such messages?

What does it mean?

Nov 08 15:08:57 Warning: pan_fpga_alloc_dfa_partition(pan_fpga_handler.c:909): no fpga memory for dfa, subtype 2 size 180

Nov 08 15:08:57 Warning: pan_fpga_alloc_dfa_partition(pan_fpga_handler.c:909): no fpga memory for dfa, subtype 2 size 180

Nov 08 15:08:57 Warning: pan_fpga_alloc_dfa_partition(pan_fpga_handler.c:909): no fpga memory for dfa, subtype 2 size 155

Nov 08 15:08:57 Warning: pan_fpga_alloc_dfa_partition(pan_fpga_handler.c:909): no fpga memory for dfa, subtype 2 size 1511

Nov 08 15:08:57 Warning: pan_fpga_alloc_dfa_partition(pan_fpga_handler.c:909): no fpga memory for dfa, subtype 2 size 106

Regards, Bobby

2 REPLIES 2

L6 Presenter

My guess is that you should open a support ticket so this can be hunt down. Dont forget to update this thread when you get an answer back from the support because even if this is just a warning it could be good to know what the warning is about (since the message is a bit cryptic).

The error comes from the FPGA handling even though my Google skillz failed to locate what DFA stands for here is some more info on the chip being using in (I think) 5000-series:

Palo Alto Networks, an Industry Leader of Next-Generation Firewalls, Designs Scalable, Leading Perfo...

Cavium - Products > OCTEON II MIPS64 Processors > Silicon > OCTEON II CN68XX Multi-Core MIP...

Edit:

My Google skillz seems to have returned:

http://www.scribd.com/doc/59848216/Handbook-of-FPGA-Design-Security

"

DFA Deterministic Finite Automaton.

"

And what the above means is also explained in http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deterministic_finite_automaton

Hi All,

I opened a case for an issue about package discard and the warning message.

Support's response:

The error basically indicates that the dfa partition on the dataplane doesn't have enough memory left. I would like you to upgrade the box to 4.1 series especially 4.1.9 for the better reliability.

In fact, it's reliable for the cause of the warning message.

But ... "dfa partition on the dataplane doesn't have enough memory" will be another question.

I will update if I get the response from support.

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!