No GUI Access: FW-6.1.0: Session Time Out

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

No GUI Access: FW-6.1.0: Session Time Out

L1 Bithead

I have a PA-200 with 6.1.0.  I can SSH in fine to mgmt.  When I try GUI, I get to the login page.  When I login with correct credentials it says Session Timed Out.  I think it's a disk space issue. When I show system disk-space SDA2 is at 100%.  Everything looked to still be working fine behind the scenes, ie traffic flow until I did a full restart on the box.  Now just management interface is accessible via CLI and no GUI, same error.  However, now no traffic flows on dataplane and I see no active hardware interfaces.  Yet it still looks like everything is correct in config.  Even Panorama connects fine but I am afraid to shoot out a config because it is a remote site. Feels like a disk space issue and it can't load the config fully. 

3 REPLIES 3

L5 Sessionator

Hi dusk2dusk ,

If root partition is at 100%, then it is definitely causing the issue. You can run following commands :

show system files

and see if you have cores files generated. If yes, then you can delete cores from the file ( delete core management-plane file ...), and run show system disk-space and see if the it went down from 100%.

If not, then root access is required to create space in root and only tac engineers are able to do that. You will need to open a support case. Hope this helps. Thank you.

I will open the case.  I have read about this issue before and it was said that log files filling up would be the cause or something like that.  6.1.0 was supposed to fix this but did not.  How can I keep this from happening again? 

Yes, that is what I thought as well. Issue to be fixed on 6.1. If that is not the case, then case that you have opened should provide an answer. Thank you.

• 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!