No new Apps category appears

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.
Palo Alto Networks Approved
Palo Alto Networks Approved
Community Expert Verified
Community Expert Verified

No new Apps category appears

L1 Bithead

Hi,

According to the following note https://live.paloaltonetworks.com/t5/customer-resources/release-plan-for-a-new-app-id-category/ta-p/...  from the version of apps + threats of 18/5 (8408-6715) we should see the new category "Saas" according to the release notes  https://downloads.paloaltonetworks.com/content/content-8408-6715.html?__gda__=1622049141_11c814ddf96...

However, in this FW we have this version running and we don't see the new category. Can you please inform us?

Kind regards

5 REPLIES 5

L1 Bithead

Model  PA-200

Software Version         8.1.15-h3

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@Yenn_Alfredo,

Do you have the latest application+threats package or did you just upgrade to 8408? I think if memory serves correctly this release was actually slower than it was supposed to be and was delayed further than expected. I'd verify that you actually have the latest package to start off with. I unfortunately don't have a 8.1 box to test this on anymore, but you should be seeing the SaaS category with the latest update when running 8.1 

L5 Sessionator

Hi Yenn. Are you able to verify in your device tab, scroll to the bottom, dynamic updates, apps and threats, you have a download-and-install recurrence set to weekly or daily or something? When you update your application database regularly, this happens automatically in the backend. 

Screen Shot 2021-07-01 at 8.59.05 AM.png

Help the community! Add tags and mark solutions please.

Hi,

I check all in the firewall but i do not see the category saas.

Imagen2.pngmodel.png

L5 Sessionator

Hi Yen, please update your Apps+Threats to a newer version, yours is more than a month old. Furthermore please ensure you don't have a long threshold or "disable new apps in content update" selected if you would like newer app signatures. 

Screen Shot 2021-07-02 at 10.10.04 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-07-02 at 10.12.06 AM.png

Help the community! Add tags and mark solutions please.
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!