No serial no or Auth Code on VM

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

No serial no or Auth Code on VM

L2 Linker

Hello All,

I want to create support account to license my palo alto vm.

But while registering it is asking for Device Serial no or Auth Code and Sales Order no or Customer ID, wheareas i dont have any of these. My PA VM does not show serial no. Snap attached . I downloaded authorization code from PA FW but that is uuid & cpuid. 

How can i create support account ?. Please help.

Thankyou

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

@nitesharbale,

You won't be able to create a support account without purchasing a product, and you can't activate any trial licenses without an account or working with an account team. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@nitesharbale,

So you just did PAYG? There's two options when you register for a new support account, you'll need to select the usage-based VM-Series and you just need toe serial number and the CPU-ID which you can get directly from the firewall. 

@BPry I downloaded PA VM image from some random site. Now i want to activate free trail license to start practise. I am trying to create account from my organisation email address. But dont have serial no/Auth code to mention there.

@nitesharbale,

You won't be able to create a support account without purchasing a product, and you can't activate any trial licenses without an account or working with an account team. 

• 1 accepted solution
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!