OID of throughput value of each interface

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

OID of throughput value of each interface

L3 Networker

I've seen several posts that asking the same question, but none of them have provided substantial suggestion. Many replies just suggest to use existing templates of Cacti or Zabbix. What if I'm not using those 2 monitoring tools?

PA has published an OID list on https://knowledgebase.paloaltonetworks.com/KCSArticleDetail?id=kA10g000000ClaSCAS

However, they has never mentioned about throughput, I don't think that value is a secret at all.

5 REPLIES 5

L5 Sessionator

Are you hoping to monitor SNMP on a different system? Because if you configure a QoS profile on the interface you want to see data for, it will give you a throughput graph. Given, it won't have historical data, but, you are able to see it there at least. 

Screen Shot 2021-09-07 at 10.44.53 AM.png

Help the community! Add tags and mark solutions please.

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@jeremylo,

You can always just do a MIB walk, but I honestly don't think this value is present in the MIB. You would be looking for ifInOctets and ifOutOctets. If memory serves correctly that's the only way to grab this through SNMP. 

Hello Slick,

I've created a QoS profile and able to monitor the throughput by GUI. However, my target is to *export* that value to monitoring software, such as Nagios Core.

Hello BPry,

I've used Paessler SNMP Tester to run a MIB walk. By examining through naked eye, I can't find any value related to throughput, just like what you've said it seems that not exist in the MIB.

About " ifInOctets" and "ifOutOctets". It seems that their corresponding OID are "1.3.6.1.2.1.2.2.1.10.x" and "1.3.6.1.2.1.2.2.1.16.x". However, my target interfaces have this value "0" in the walk result list.

I'm surprised by someone who manage to did that through Cacti. Please take a look at https://live.paloaltonetworks.com/t5/automation-api-discussions/cacti-templates/td-p/7457?tstart=0

I've checked the downloadable xml files that are provided by the author. As expected, it relies on OID too, but sadly, I still can't find the correct one.

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

This is way late in the thread, but for future drive-bys this article may explain the 0s -> https://knowledgebase.paloaltonetworks.com/KCSArticleDetail?id=kA14u000000HCchCAG&lang=en_US%E2%80%A....

Thanks,

Tom

Help the community: Like helpful comments and mark solutions.
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!