Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Only google play store block

L3 Networker

Hi.

How Does Only google play stroe block?

google-play, youtbe-base same Depends on google-base

If you block Google Play, YouTube is also blocked, which is embarrassing.

The client company is not using Global Protect.

Does anyone know how to solve it?

5 REPLIES 5

Community Team Member

Hi @qmso475 ,

Can you describe exactly what you are trying to block for the client? 

LIVEcommunity team member
Stay Secure,
Jay
Don't forget to Like items if a post is helpful to you!

Please help out other users and “Accept as Solution” if a post helps solve your problem !

Read more about how and why to accept solutions.

@JayGolf 

Hi. JayGolf.

yotube-base and google-play same Depends on google-base

qmso475_0-1690874294520.png

qmso475_1-1690874346254.png

Both are based on Google-base, which is a problem.

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@qmso475,

Sounds like how you're blocking applications is a bit muddled to be honest. If you're trying to block access to google-play you'd only block that one particular app-id, the depends-on criteria here is irrelevant. 

Have you actually tried blocking just google-play and found that YouTube is also not available, or are you basing this on an assumption on the depends-on criteria? 

@BPry 

I only blocked google-play, but I found out that youtbe is not available either.

@qmso475,

I just validated this on a box running decryption and one that is not, in addition to a handful of my production boxes just to verify via the logs, but I can't replicate your reported behavior. Solely blocking google-play properly prevents access to the play store while allowing youtube to function without issue. 

What version of PAN-OS are you running? What's your Application and Threats version presently sitting at? What sort of device are you seeing this behavior on (Mac/Windows/Android/iOS)? 

• 5 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!