PA-200 - BrightCloud URL Filtering Updates

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

PA-200 - BrightCloud URL Filtering Updates

Not applicable

Hi There,

Just wondering if someone can help with a question regarding the BrightCloud URL Filtering updates. I updated the BrightCloud URL Filtering license on a PA-200 however when I try and download the URL database I keep getting an error trying to download it. The PA-200 does have internet access and services have been configured to download the updates via an internet accessible interface.

Would there be something else I need to enable for updates to be downloadable?

Thanks

Chris

4 REPLIES 4

L7 Applicator

First thing that I would recommend checking is what your DNS server setting is.  Most of the time, the DNS is not set correctly.

Second, I would check and see the update URL.  updates.paloaltonetworks.com is what it should be set to.  If that does not work, then only to test, you can try staticupdates.paloaltonetworks.com.

I hope this helps.

LIVEcommunity team member
Stay Secure,
Joe
Don't forget to Like items if a post is helpful to you!

L5 Sessionator

Hi Chris,

What is the error message that you get?

--Doris

L2 Linker

Hello Chris,

Please send output of below command from CLI when you are trying to download brightcloud URL database from WebUI.

PA-200>tail follow yes mp-log pan_bc_download.log

L5 Sessionator

Hi,

If dns is ok and traffic allow to go on internet, try to change download location (from EMEA to APAC). Got same issue yesterday and solved like that.

Hope help.

v.

• 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!