PA-200 with 4G LTE modem

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

PA-200 with 4G LTE modem

L1 Bithead

I've got a PA-200 at home with a Huawei B525-23a router set to "bridge mode" with an EE data sim installed (no broadband where I live)

The outside interface is set to DHCP and gets an IP address but no clients on the inside can resolve DNS. I can see the logs showing that DNS requests have 'aged-out' but think that's expected for UDP DNS queries.

I've tried setting the inside clients to use google for DNS via DHCP and enabling DNS proxy with the PA-220 inside interface as the DNS but neither work.

I also have a Meraki MX64 and with this connected all works ok and the WAN interface has an IP address of 19.7.44.xxx , G/W of 19.0.0.1 and a public IP of 213.205.192.xxx

The PA-200 gets an outside DHCP address of 19.7.44.xxx and G/W of 19.0.0.1 but doesn't seem to recognise that is behind a CGNAT so I assume the return traffic is getting lost.

Any ideas?

2 REPLIES 2

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Hello,

Are both 4g routers hooked up at the same time or are you looking to migrate from one to another? Also are you looking at a failover scenario where if one fails it goes to the other?

Please advise,

There's only one 4G router (the Huawei)  There is no other WAN to failover (I have no broadband here hence the 4G)

I was using the Meraki and then switched over to the PA-220 

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!