PA-220 boot Error?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

PA-220 boot Error?

L1 Bithead

Received this Unit today and on 1st boot,

N0.LMC0 Configuration Completed: 8192 MB
Warning: Board descriptor tuple not found in eeprom, using defaults
KINGFISHER board revision major:1, minor:0, serial #: unknown
OCTEON CN7130-AAP pass 1.2, Core clock: 1000 MHz, IO clock: 500 MHz, DDR clock: 800 MHz (1600 Mhz DDR)
SPI stage 1 bootloader
SPI ID: ef:40:18:00:00
header found at offset 0x2000
Image 1.2: address: 0xffffffff81000000, header length: 192, data length: 8816
Validating data...
Starting next bootloader at 0xffffffff81000000
SPI stage 1.5 bootloader
SPI ID: ef:40:18:00:00
Header 1 found at offset 0x10000
Header 2 found at offset 0x100000
Found bootloaders, booting bootloader 1 of 2 at offset 0x10000.
Starting next bootloader at 0xffffffff81000000
Board type: KINGFISHER
    Welcome to the PanOS Bootloader.

U-Boot 8.0.0.0-27 (Build time: Jan 23 2017 - 15:37:43)

Octeon unique ID: 088000020519f31e074f
N0.LMC0 Configuration Completed: 8192 MB
Warning: Board descriptor tuple not found in eeprom, using defaults
KINGFISHER board revision major:1, minor:0, serial #: unknown
OCTEON CN7130-AAP pass 1.2, Core clock: 1000 MHz, IO clock: 500 MHz, DDR clock: 800 MHz (1600 Mhz DDR)

P.S. I'm new to Paloalto Network Devices 🙂   

4 REPLIES 4

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@KolbyDavis,

I'm guessing PanOS doesn't actually boot through?

Couple things:

1) You could reset the device by booting into maintenance mode but if this is a new unit I wouldn't really bother as;

2) If the device won't boot simply contact support and they will RMA the device and you should have a new unit fairly quickly

@BPry

No PanOS never booted.  It looks like it never passed POST so was never even shown the option for getting into Maintenance mode. I was thinking that it could be a loose connection on something inside but did not want to crack open a brand new device.  Is the EMMC embedded or is it in the form of a  removable card? 

Started a ticket, support did not even bat an eye about getting me an RMA on the way.  Hope that ships today 🙂 Not a good first impression with Paloalto, but I'm  going to blame FedEx dropping and kicking it across the country.  

@KolbyDavis,

I wouldn't open up the casing on a PA-200 or PA-220, once you break the seal it'll void your warranty unless your doing something like a memory upgrade in which case they send you everything to seal it back up again. 

RMAs generally ship faily quickly, so I wouldn't expect it to take to long before you have a new unit. 

@BPry Yea I'm glad I did not open it.  RMA unit is on the way lets hope that FedEx is more gentle with this one.  I'll have it tomorrow so you are correct they are fast with RMA units. 🙂 

• 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!