PA-220 for 100 Windows Computers

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

PA-220 for 100 Windows Computers

L1 Bithead

Hello Team,

I'd like to know if anyone is using PA-220 for around 100 Windows Computers, with all features enabled (App ID, Decryption, Threat Prevention, URL Filtering, etc). 

All partners here in Argentina say I need to buy PA-850, mainly because of the Connections per second. Everybody says modern browsers triggers like 710 connections with 5/10 tabs opened so PA-220 wouldn't be able to handle that traffic, having in mind all security features are enabled.

Any advice will be highly appreciated...

_Ariel!

4 REPLIES 4

L0 Member

Hello,

From my expirience 1 average user can do about 100 connection max. 

When i deployed PA equipment it was usually 60-80 connections from 1 user. So PA 220 should be enough because this model can work with 64,000 sessions. There are some exceptions if your company does not trade. Traiding software makes a lot of sessions.

In my company about 30 people and i use all functionality and load about 2000 sessions.

Best regards,

Roman

Many thanks for your input Roman. Really appreciated!

_Ariel!

Hello,

This is not a simple question and answer. I not only look at the connections per second, but also the smallest number MB or GB of throughput the device can handle. Also when sizing out a solution. I rely on my SE and how much trending traffic I have observed in the past. Also I size to less than 50% of traffic to allow for growth and traffic spikes. If pushing 100mb or more, a pa-220 will choke. 

Regards,

Good Point ... sounds very important the capacity of the device of handling the throughput. All the partners were only concerned about connections/sec but your input leaves me very worried since this client has a 300/15 Mb connection (download / upload).

Great point ... many thanks for letting me know.

Regards ...

• 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!