PA-3020 Vs Websense

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

PA-3020 Vs Websense

L1 Bithead

Hello,

am currently evaluating PA-3020 and would like to clarify something

i have a websense (forcepoint) appliance which is currently doing my proxy/URL filtering/analytical reporting etc.

will the PA device be able to perform these fuctions specially like websense in case of internet proxy etc.

regards

SV

4 REPLIES 4

L2 Linker

THe PA, will not be able to function as a proxy, (ie redirection in internet settings) but it will do everything else, and more. The websence I have worked with is a few years behind, so I might not be able to provide the best data, but from what i have seen the reporting in the PA is lightyears beyond what the websense did. you also have a lot more options in your filtering, like external dynamic lists, and all your IPS stuff. 

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@sureshvarghese,

While I'm in the same boot have not having touched a websence since two years ago; @Kaje puts things nicely in my experiance. Honestly, if it all possible, I would try to squeeze out information about possible 3200 series updates and if your SE or account rep have heard anything about those yet. I know that Palo Alto didn't really tell anybody about the 5200 series before they were released, hence some people have some 5060s and such a week before the 5200s were released. I would suspect that the 3000 series gets updated fairly quickly. 

Hey Kaje,

Many thanks for the update mate! appreciate the response.

best regards

SV

Hello BPry,

thanks for the info...will try to catch hold of my A/c manager to see if can get some more info on this.

regards

SV

• 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!