PA-440 demo unit

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

PA-440 demo unit

L2 Linker

I got a demo PA-440 and When I try to register it ask for sales order to start a customer support portal

Is there special registering for PA-440 demo unit

5 REPLIES 5

Community Team Member

Hi @Jameslee20 ,

Congrats! Where did you purchase the demo PA-440? 

LIVEcommunity team member
Stay Secure,
Jay
Don't forget to Like items if a post is helpful to you!

Please help out other users and “Accept as Solution” if a post helps solve your problem !

Read more about how and why to accept solutions.

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@Jameslee20,

If you received a demo unit from PAN or a PAN reseller, you generally would not be able to create a support account during your demo period. The unit will be registered to an account that is under their control and any support questions would generally be asked of your reseller or your account team. 

I got the PA-440 from work to play with 

No one would help me to get it regsiter it

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@Jameslee20,

I'm afraid you're going to be slightly out of luck on that front. Wherever you work should want to get the device registered to their own support account so that they can manage the subscriptions and support centrally, and then they would make you a user of that support account if they wanted you having that capability.

You're really going to be at their mercy as to whether or not they want you to be a user on the company's support account or not. There's also a better than 0% chance that they actually did register the device already under their own account before providing it to you. It's possible that the reason you aren't getting help is because they don't want you to be a user under their account. 

Not exactly sure what you mean when you say you got it from work. Did you ask them to purchase a PA-440 LAB unit on your behalf so that you could use it personally, or is this something that they provided to you so you could mess around with it? 

Sure Pretty it was demo devices long time ago and pretty it's been over a year

I just need it register  and start the paid services

• 5 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!