PA500 Configuring a Static Routing Question?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

PA500 Configuring a Static Routing Question?

Not applicable

Hello all.

I have a fairly easy deployment - a set of PA500s with internal trusted and external trusted zones. On the inside, they are currently connected to a router hsrp pair and on the outside pointing to another brand FW. I have only a handful of networks inside, so I have static routes pointing to the inside/outside configured in the VR area.

My question is about the configuration for an all zeros PA static route? I want to make sure our inside traffic reaches any unknown nets on the outside, so I want to configure an all zeroes route. Is the PA500 ok with 0.0.0.0  0.0.0.0? I have done command line, but have not figured out how to confirm the PA is sending out all traffic to the outside interface. Can I have just the all zeros route outbound, and remove any others I have (networks I know). Trying to verify routing.

Thanks for the help.

2 REPLIES 2

L6 Presenter

Hi...Yes, default static route is supported and the route would be 0.0.0.0/0.  See attached screenshot.

Thanks.

Thanks!

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!