Packet Drop?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Packet Drop?

L0 Member

I am at home working and since our company implemented Paloalto my home internet will not stay connected to my computer. It initially connects and then drops. Our IT guys cannot figure out why. I have no issues on my personal devices with my home connections.I have been "googling"  fixes and read something about packets dropping....I am not a techy so don't know if this is something I should have our IT dept look at...or is there some other possible reason? I had no issues prior to Paloalto being implemented. I am on Shaw as an internet provided if that matters.

2 REPLIES 2

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Hello,

I would recommend continuing to work through your IT department as without access to the gateways and logs, troubleshooting may be a little difficult. My thought with it initially connecting and then giving up could be that ICMP is dropping somewhere and the heartbeat/liveness check is failing.

Thank you. Yes, I do still plan on working with them, however, they have pretty well given up and their solution was for me to hard wire to my modem.....so was just looking for some possible reasons why it would happen from people perhaps a little more experienced. I will pass on your suggestion. Hopefully they will know what your suggestion means. Thanks again.
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!