Palo Alto laboratory

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Palo Alto laboratory

L0 Member

Hi, I would like to create a laboratory. Where I will use Palo Alto (PA-3050). Is there any possibility to create something like a virtual machine for 10 users from this one PA? I would like 10 people to use this one at the same time.

If anyone knows what is the solution to my problem, I would like to ask for an answer and to write how to do it, thank you and best regards.

4 REPLIES 4

L3 Networker

Hi,

You can configure virtual system on your firewall to assign it to dedicated users for labs. 

Pls refer below link to configure and more info about virtual systems.

https://docs.paloaltonetworks.com/pan-os/9-0/pan-os-admin/virtual-systems/virtual-systems-overview

Best Regards,

Suresh

Sureshreddymudhireddy

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@Jokurr,

VSYS is the easiest solution, and really the only way to give users their own playground. Keep in mind however that if this isn't a LAB SKU you'll need proper licensing to activate multi-vsys on the system, and that your PA-3050 only supports a max of 6 VSYS. 

I would personally recommend simply getting 10 VM-50 LAB bundles for something like this. The cost will likely amount to a wash if the PA-3050 is already a LAB SKU. If it's not, it's going to be significantly cheaper to maintain 10 VM-50 LAB bundles than maintaining that PA-3050 in a LAB environment with production licensing. 

Hi Suresh, 

Im trying to download but i could find any Palo Alto test ova... can you help me with that? I alrady have PaloAlto account. If you want to contact with me , text me to larrinson.mv1992@gmail.com
Best Regards

Community Team Member

Hi @lmv1992 ,

OVAs can be found in the Customer Support Portal (Updates -> Software Updates).

LIVEcommunity team member
Stay Secure,
Jay
Don't forget to Like items if a post is helpful to you!

Please help out other users and “Accept as Solution” if a post helps solve your problem !

Read more about how and why to accept solutions.
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!