Palo Alto LACP to Nexus

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Palo Alto LACP to Nexus

L2 Linker

Hi all, 

I have an upcoming deployment and I need your inputs here. I will be replacing a fire that is configured in HA Pair with a PA-3220 non HA pair. 

The core switch of the client is configured as a active-passive (NX-OS). My concern is, can I enable LACP on Palo Alto side and make it a routed interface and assign IP to it and on the nexus side they will configure a VPC, make it a L3 and configured an IP on it so on the Palo Alto side, it appears only as 1 appliance?

Your inputs are highly appreciated. Thanks a lot. 

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

L2 Linker

Hi,

well that descibes perfectly what vPC is. See both devices do support LACP and the Nexus is designed to behave like this. So you are very good to go with this solution. If, in this scenario, it is necessary for us to understand why you switch from HA-pair to 2-single-firewalls, please clarify.

Kind regards,
René
// If you like my answer force commit it.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

L2 Linker

Hi,

well that descibes perfectly what vPC is. See both devices do support LACP and the Nexus is designed to behave like this. So you are very good to go with this solution. If, in this scenario, it is necessary for us to understand why you switch from HA-pair to 2-single-firewalls, please clarify.

Kind regards,
René
// If you like my answer force commit it.

Because the end user only purchase 1 firewall

• 1 accepted solution
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!