PaloAlo ports not coming up!

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

PaloAlo ports not coming up!

L2 Linker

Hi,

I am configuring some new PA850s and interfaces are set to Vwire mode. ports are connected to cisco switch but they are not coming up.

they come up and go down. here are settings from cisco side:

speed 1000
duplex full
no mdix auto

paloalto ports:

speed 1000 and everything auto.

Can you please help?

Regards,

7 REPLIES 7

L4 Transporter

Did you try setting duplex auto on cisco or duplex full on palo alto?

IIRC it must be auto or not on both sides.

other firewalls alr3adybworking with same settings

set auto both sides, or hardcode both sides

thanks I will try that. however, now I can login to the firewalls with default account, using guys and cli.

thanks I will try that. however, now I can login to the firewalls with default account, using guys and cli.

I mean I can't!

Hello,

Set both ports to Auto. The PAN cannot be forced to full duplex for a 1gb link. This is because a 1gb link cannot be half duplex. 

Hope this helps.

• 7 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!