PaloAlto TAC support has gone missing

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

PaloAlto TAC support has gone missing

L4 Transporter

Opened a S2 (high) ticket at 11am ET this morning about panorama in High Availability in suspended mode after upgrading from 9.1.9 to 9.1.10.  No response from TAC support after two hours.  I called in and have been waiting for over an hour with no one from PAN support responding.  This is outright bad.

A lot of cases that I've opened with TAC support ended up going nowhere.

9 REPLIES 9

L7 Applicator

This is not good, please let me try to reach out to the management here and see what can be done for you.

LIVEcommunity team member
Stay Secure,
Joe
Don't forget to Like items if a post is helpful to you!

Finally a TAC engineer called me back and shared zoom at 3pm ET.  She is giving a bunch of incorrect information and when I questioned her on it, she is back to doing more research.  Very frustrating 😞

L7 Applicator

@dtran 

I am sorry that happened to you. 

I have reached out to management about this to make them aware.

Stay Secure,
Joe

It is like groundhog day.  Nothing change.

The same apples to me I have been waiting 4Hrs. Please reach out ASAP.

@Carl2002 

Thanks for reaching out..  I checked with support, and it looks like you should have been contacted about this..  You look like you had a medium severity case.

Stay Secure,
Joe

L7 Applicator

@dtran and @Carl2002 there is also the possibility in the case to escalate it. If you do so, the managers of the engineer assigned to your case will be informed. If this also does not help, in really critical situations, you might also contact your SE as she/he probably is able to tell the right people that you need some help (fast). 

I opened a TAC case with medium severity case.  I request to close the ticket in the portal two minutes after opening it, and yet, I got a call from the TAC 10 later somewhere in India.  Guess they didn't even read the ticket.

I opened a TAC case with S2 (high) and 10pm ET and no one from TAC got back to me until 3pm ET.  After back and forth with the TAC engineer for over an hour, the TAC engineer finally told me the issue but could NOT share the bug PAN-ID but didn't give me any reasons why.

This is the issue in 9.x with no solution.  I guess PAN recognizes and fix it in 10.x.  Go figure.

L4 Transporter

This is what I am referring to: 

PAN-157620: (VM-Series firewalls deployed in Amazon Web Services (AWS) instance types M5 and C5 only)
Fixed an issue where a Panorama Virtual Appliance in a high availability (HA) configuration entered a
suspended state due to a virtual machine (VM) memory size mismatch.

• 9 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!