PAN 5050 DDNS

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

PAN 5050 DDNS

L1 Bithead

Hello Team,

I moved up from Fortinet/Ubiquity, bought a used PAN 5050 and upgrade the OS to 8.1.18 for a Home Use. However, since i am new to PAN during the configuration i realized PAN 5050 does not support DDNS. In my case i am home user I don't have a Static IP. 

As you all know, having Dynamic IP is a pain for almost all firewalls and limited your Firewall functionality. 

The purpose of my Post is to ask questions as below.

1 - does PAN 5050 somehow could be upgrade to OS 9? OS 9 support DDNS.

2- i bought a used Licensed PAN from eBay. The premium license still valid till 2023. In order to contact support i need to register PAN to the Portal. to register the PAN you need PAN SerialNumber and Sales Order Number customer Id. i don't have the Sales Order Number or Customer Id. How do i  register the PAN?

Thank you for your help in advance, also excuse my broken English.

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@KurdTech 

1>PA 5050 does not supper PAN OS 9.0

2>Seems you bought from eBay.

Here is PA polices when we buy product from second market place

https://www.paloaltonetworks.com/services/support/support-policies/secondary-market-policy

Regards

MP

Help the community: Like helpful comments and mark solutions.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@KurdTech 

1>PA 5050 does not supper PAN OS 9.0

2>Seems you bought from eBay.

Here is PA polices when we buy product from second market place

https://www.paloaltonetworks.com/services/support/support-policies/secondary-market-policy

Regards

MP

Hello MP,

Thank you for reply. if i understood the article correctly So basically they won't re-certifies PAN until you purchase a subscription/ support  again from Palo Alto?

@KurdTech  

Yes that is correct.

Regards

MP

• 1 accepted solution
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!