cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

PAN-OS 10.2.11 Device -> Setup page missing

L1 Bithead

Hello!

I just upgraded my PA-220 to PAN-OS 10.2.11 and the Device -> Setup page is missing. (See attached photo). Has anyone else run into this or is it a browser setting on my PC?

9 REPLIES 9

Community Team Member

Hi @V.Benfanti ,

I would recommend signing out and re-authenticating. After logging back in, is the setup page still unaccessible? 

LIVEcommunity team member
Stay Secure,
Jay
Don't forget to Like items if a post is helpful to you!

Please help out other users and “Accept as Solution” if a post helps solve your problem !

Read more about how and why to accept solutions.

Hello JayGolf. Thanks! I already tried that but no luck. I also tried installing Chrome (I normally use Edge) but that didn't help either. Torn between rolling back to a preferred release (PAN-OS 10.2.9-h1) and waiting to see if anyone else has the same problem with 10.2.11.

L0 Member

I am having this same problem.  I've tried the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, and Edge, all don't show Device > Setup screen.  I've logged out, refreshed the page, etc., no luck.  I typically use the Operations tab to shut down the firewall.  I guess its going to be a hard reboot today.

Also, Device > Software screen is also only showing a few versions, not the full list.

I keep my lab PAN at the latest version because I test IPv6 features.  This wasn't happening with 10.2.9-h1.

Yep, I did all that too, the problem persisted and I ended up rolling back to 10.2.9-h1. I use the Operations tab to take a backup after an upgrade and immediately noticed it was missing. No more new versions for me, I'm going to stick with the recommended releases from here Support PAN-OS Software Release Guidance | Palo Alto Networks

L0 Member

I have the same issue on both of my PA-220, but all of my PA-820 are fine.

ScottHogg - I also noticed the Device > Software screen not showing all of the the versions.  It turns out that the default settings have been changed at the bottom of the screen (see screenshot). If you uncheck "Preferred Releases" (and answer the disclaimer that pops up) and also uncheck "Base Releases", you'll get the complete list (see screenshot 2).

It seems that they should be labeled "Preferred Releases ONLY" and "Base Releases ONLY"!

L0 Member

Same problem here, except worse.  Firstly 2 PA-450's were on 10.2.11 and are now on 10.2.11-h1 and seem ok.  A few weeks ago I tried 10.2.11 on our PA-220 and had the Setup page issue so rolled back to 10.2.10-h3.  

I couldn't see anything about it being fixed in 10.2.11-h1, but thought I'd try it anyway.  It installed ok, but still had the Setup page issue.  So, I thought I'd roll back to the recently released 10.2.10-h4 and started downloading it.  It got as far as the preloading stage and the admin pages stopped responding.  Then I noticed my VPN was down and the public IP isn't pingable.  The firewall is 3.5 hours away - oh fun!

I think I'll start looking at these support preferred versions.  

L0 Member

Just an update on my PA-220.  I got to site, connected to the console and the firewall had rebooted into the "Maintenance Recovery Tool".  I wish I had noted down the exact reason it reported for the reboot, but it was along the lines of failing a "Software Integrity Check".  I rebooted it from the "Maintenance Recovery Tool" menu and it successfully booted into 10.2.11-h1.  I downloaded, preloaded and installed the support preferred version 10.2.9-h1.  Seems ok now.  I hope no one else has this issue!

I've lost my appetite to risk, especially on a remote PA-220 and I agree with V.Benfanti about sticking to the support preferred versions.  I've subscribed to the article listing the preferred versions, but it doesn't seem as convenient as watching out for the new 10.2.x release notification emails.  

Update: It seems that it the reboot was due to a software integrity check done during preloading of 10.2.10-h4.  

L5 Sessionator

KB is available now.

https://knowledgebase.paloaltonetworks.com/KCSArticleDetail?id=kA14u000000Tp7JCAS

Resolution

1. The issue will be addressed in the upcoming releases.
  2. As a workaround, use one the following options.
    1. Uninstall DLP plugin under GUI: Device > Plugin.
    2. Downgrade PAN-OS to 10.2.10 or older.

• 9 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!