PAN OS 4.0.x speed issue on PA-500, PA-2020

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

PAN OS 4.0.x speed issue on PA-500, PA-2020

Not applicable

Hi All,

Recently, i tested the PAN OS 4.0.3 on PA-500, PA-2020.. It seems like the commit speed, loading speed, open tab speed ,configuration & etc is very slow. But when use back PAN 3.1.x , the speed is back to normal speed.

Again I test the PAN 4.0.3 firmware on PA-4000 series and PA-5000 series, the speed for job mention above is very fast.. I mean 3x times faster.

Is it because of the processing power? Is the entry level unit of PAN firewall suitable to use PAN 3.0.x and PAN 3.1.x only?

Anyone encountered this problem?

3 REPLIES 3

L4 Transporter

Hi Sam,

the 2000 series Pan is definitely suitable for 4.0.3. The commit times are indeed slower than the higher models due to cpu...but remember that is only for management. If the commit times are taking more than 10 mins then please get techsupport and report this to PA support. Otherwise the development team at Paloalto is aware of the slower commit times and are always working to improve them....so you will see the commit times improve with future releases.

thank you,

Stephen 

Thanks for the reply.. What about PA-500? Is it suitable to use the PAN OS 4.0.x version?

Hi Sam,

PAN-OS 4.0.3 is suitable across all platforms.

• 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!