PAN OS 8.1.6. How is it?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

PAN OS 8.1.6. How is it?

L2 Linker

I just wanted to open a thread to see if anybody has had any issues with the 8.1.6 platform as of yet. I have been told it is preferred from TAC to be on this release, but I don't know if it will cause any other issues. We have had quite a few issues with 8.1 in general, and if 8.0 wasn't being deprecated in October, I would almost surely roll back to 8.0.

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

L3 Networker

Indeed, 8.1.6 has given me enough confidence to start deploying 8.1 much wider - haven't seen any issues so far.

8.1.6 is listed as TAC recommended release, which was not the case for any of the previous releases - so that is already a good sign.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

L4 Transporter

@Fr4nk4: No worries, it's a stable release.

I would recommend not to go to a newer software branch until minor version 5 is out.

So 8.1.6 got a lot of bugs since 8.1.0 fixed, we have it installed at several customers and we are happy with that.

Best Regards
Chacko

L3 Networker

Indeed, 8.1.6 has given me enough confidence to start deploying 8.1 much wider - haven't seen any issues so far.

8.1.6 is listed as TAC recommended release, which was not the case for any of the previous releases - so that is already a good sign.

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@Fr4nk4 ,

8.1.6 has reached a point where I would say it would work for most installations, especially where only standard feature sets are used, without any issue. The vast majority of people at this point shouldn't run into any issues with 8.1.6. 

L2 Linker

I have deployed 8.1.6 to my primary firewalls at my work, and everything is running smoothly! 

• 1 accepted solution
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!