PAN OS 8 displaying multipe threat/anti virus versions

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

PAN OS 8 displaying multipe threat/anti virus versions

L4 Transporter

Hey folks.

I don't know if this is intentional or not, but it's annoying as hell, and if it's configurable, I'd like to know hwo to fix it.

Since upgrading to Pan OS 8 on one of my PA's (a 500), I've noticed that when I check for dynamic updates, I get multiple versions dispplayed - like the below

threat_display.jpgPrevious versions only displayed three - the current, the previous (for rollback), and the new (waiting for download/install)

Does abnyone know if there's a way to return to this previous behaviour? Or do I just need to suck it up and check dates super carefully to make sure I have the latest version?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Hello @darren_g,

Youre not the only one wondering this. I see it as well, just never thought much about it and just make sure I know which one to click. Othere than that I set my App Threat dynamiuc updates to run daily but have a threshold of 12 hours. This way if an emergency release is sent out my firewalls will have it within 24 hours or so. The reason for it is to reduce any downtime or weirdness with any bum updates that might get sent out.

Cheers!

hi Otakar.

I won't allow content upgrades to install automatically - I've been bitten in the backside one time too many by bad upgrades breaking things for this - I manually install them all when I'm around, so I can roll back quick if I start getting complaints.

Virus definitions are different - they can install automatically - but content and app definitions I don't trust.

Still don't know why I'm seeing so many of them on PanOS 8, though. My other firewalls are on 7, and they still only see the three releases.

Hello @darren_g,

Its understandable about the autoupdates, many people have. That is why I delay them to be installed. That way I dont have to do it manually and they are usually 1-2 days in the wild prior to install. PAN usually see's the bad ones within 1-2 days. 

Knock on wood :).

• 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!