PAN-OS dark mode

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

PAN-OS dark mode

L0 Member

Hi guys, I work a lot at night and all portals and tools, from Azure Portal, Office 365 Admin Portal, Slack and even Gmail have a Dark Mode, and it really makes the experience a lot better for your eyes. I use dark mode for everything, but spending long hours in PAN-OS with the bright white GUI isn't the best experience at night for your eyes.

So, please make it a feature in PAN-OS 9.1. 

Thanks.

13 REPLIES 13

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@MarcelPeeters,

You'd need to do one of two things:

1) Start working in the CLI and you can customize all of your colors to your hearts content 😉

2) Reach out to your SE and put in a feature request (or add your companies vote to an exiting FR if one already exists for dark mode).

@BPry wrote:

@MarcelPeeters,

You'd need to do one of two things:

1) Start working in the CLI and you can customize all of your colors to your hearts content 😉

2) Reach out to your SE and put in a feature request (or add your companies vote to an exiting FR if one already exists for dark mode).

3rd option?

Turn the lights on?  haha jk

Aaaah, the lights, they burns the eyes..... 🙂

Fourth option: Blue light blocking glasses.

L0 Member

I know it's been a while on this thread; however, in the meantime, there's another option if using Chrome as your browser.  Install the extension "Dark Reader", and enable the extension for your Palo Alto GUI URL.   Works pretty well, and should suffice until PaloAlto brings a true Dark Mode to their Web UI. 😉

L4 Transporter

Please please use a dark mode

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Hi @MarcelPeeters ,

The Feature Request ID is 11765.  You can see it on this list -> https://live.paloaltonetworks.com/t5/general-topics/feature-request-list/td-p/209128.  If everyone on this thread contacts their PANW SE and asks them to vote for 11765, the feature request should be given more priority.

Thanks,

Tom

Help the community: Like helpful comments and mark solutions.

L0 Member

For some of us, a dark mode is essential.  I'm visually-impaired and have all sorts of trouble using the GUI.  I can use a dark mode extension, but the results aren't perfect (some elements go missing), and it's not exactly the most secure way to go about things.  The trouble is, I don't even know if we have an SE, and there appear to be no reasonable mechanisms for bringing this to PA's attention.

L0 Member

Hopefully this is forthcoming soon... I just moved from 9.1 to 10.1 and it got even brighter.  Like 'trigger-a-migraine-level' bright...

Plus the yellow scheme would look good in dark mode, if you like the aesthetics.

L0 Member

I enabled dark mode in Edge and set the theme to dark and stormy.  Cant see the commit button though. 

L1 Bithead

I'm with you.  I love PAs as a product but they need a dark mode.

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Hi all,

Some of you just want your voice to be heard.  That's okay.  For those that want to do something to get this feature implemented, contact your PANW AM/SE/representative and have them vote for Feature Request ID 11765.  You can see it on this list -> https://live.paloaltonetworks.com/t5/general-topics/feature-request-list/td-p/209128

The real power of this community would be to get tons of votes for this feature request.  I'd love to see that!

Thanks,

Tom

Help the community: Like helpful comments and mark solutions.

L1 Bithead

I had the same issue however you can install browser extension to change it to dark mode 

kshahata_0-1678780507060.png

• 13 replies
  • 11 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!