PANGP virtual Ethernet adapter is missing from Windows 7.
I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling GlobalProtect.
I have also tried following this article:
GP will not work without this adapter being present.
It currently shows up under device manager with a yellow exclamation mark. When I try re-installing the driver, windows tells me it already has the correct driver installed.
Any idea how to resolve this issue?
Thanks in advance
Just wanted to provide a resolution for this if someone needs it for future.
PAN Support suggested the following:
There could be a conflict of device drivers on this particular Windows 7 PC.
1) Please check if there is any ‘Unknown device’ listed in the Windows PC Device Manager > Network Adapters.
If yes, please follow the recommended steps below:-
2) After installing GlobalProtect Agent, go to \Program Files\Palo Alto Networks\GlobalProtect, edit the debug_drv.log.
It will show the events and errors when the driver fails to install on the client machine
3) Ensure that there are no other third-party VPN client software installed on this Windows 7 PC
4) Temporary uninstall any Antivirus software on this client machine
This did not work so PAN suggested another set of possible solutions to try.
1) After you have uninstalled the GlobalProtect on the Windows PC, edit the registry and remove the folder under Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Palo Alto Networks\GlobalProtect
2) Download the latest GlobalProtect Agent version 3.1.0
3) On the Windows PC, go to command prompt and ‘Run as administrator’. Install the GlobalProtect installer file from the command prompt
4) Use the msiexec.exe to install the GlobalProtect .msi file. Use the /L*V “C:\package.log” to enable logging. You should be able to see the failed driver installation errors in the package.log file.
Sample command line with logging options
Also had no luck. In the end we had to run a whole series of windows updates and then reinstall the GP agent.
Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.
The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!
These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!
The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!