Panorama - Administrators user - Required Password Change Period (days) - Pan-OS 9.1.14

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Panorama - Administrators user - Required Password Change Period (days) - Pan-OS 9.1.14

L4 Transporter

Good afternoon, Thank you for your collaboration and your time

I am doing some tests in relation to Minimum Password Complexity -Enabled, mainly to force the password change in X days. When I set Required Password Change Period (days) with value of 3 days, I wait 3 days and I never get any password change request, moreover when I login with any of the setup/administrators users, with fully operational password and working properly before applying the Required Password Change Period (days) of 3 days, I wait the 3 days and it does not suggest me any password change neither for admin, admin01, admin02, admin03, in fact after this, none of the known passwords work anymore and I have to go back to a previous configuration entering in maintenance mode,

Why is this happening? This is critical because we want to implement this, but we lose access after X days and the idea is not to lose access, but to force the password change after X days.

Please send me your suggestions regarding the above.

I remain attentive

Best regards

High Sticker
2 REPLIES 2

Community Team Member

Hi @Metgatz ,

Thanks for your post. Can you please send a photo of the password profile you are trying to use? 

LIVEcommunity team member
Stay Secure,
Jay
Don't forget to Like items if a post is helpful to you!

Please help out other users and “Accept as Solution” if a post helps solve your problem !

Read more about how and why to accept solutions.

Hello @JayGolf , good evening, thanks for your time:

I am using Minimum Password Complexity -Enabled, in setup/management. I am not using a password profile, but globally.

Best regards

High Sticker
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!