Panorama - missing context drop-down

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Panorama - missing context drop-down

Not applicable

Problem statement: The Panorama 'context' drop-down disappears. We're then stuck in whatever context we were last in.

Occurrence: Too many times Smiley Happy (8 times in the last 1/2 day)

Work around: Close/open Chrome, reconnect to Panorama.

Contextual info: We use Panorama v 5.1.0. Our various firewalls (managed devices) are at 5.0.5. We use Chrome browsers to interface with Panorama.

Question: have you experienced this? do you have a fix?

Thanks,

tommy

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

L4 Transporter

We had some other GUI issues with Panorama 5.1.0. The GUI would just get stuck and only solution was a hard refresh + relogin. We opened a tech case for this and they recommended an upgraded to 5.1.1. Now all is going well. Although the release notes do not really have anything in it about GUI issues, I would still recommend an upgrade, and since you are already on 5.1.0 its only a minor upgrade.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

L3 Networker

I tried to replicate this issue and have not able to on any browser ( IE, Firefox and Chrome). Have you experienced the same issue with all browsers or is it just on Chrome?

What version of Chrome are you using?

But, to answer your question, there is no such known issue so far with the code 5.1.0.

Can you try and see if you face the same issue with other browsers as well.

L4 Transporter

We had some other GUI issues with Panorama 5.1.0. The GUI would just get stuck and only solution was a hard refresh + relogin. We opened a tech case for this and they recommended an upgraded to 5.1.1. Now all is going well. Although the release notes do not really have anything in it about GUI issues, I would still recommend an upgrade, and since you are already on 5.1.0 its only a minor upgrade.

mr. linus, thank you for mentioning your past GUI issues; we're updating to 5.1.2 now and I'll test and reply once again.

Chatri, thank you for the reply. I'm using Chrome v. 29.0.1547.66 m. I've tried with other browsers and have not seen the issue, however, I used Chrome with Panorama *a lot* and the others browsers for a brief test so I feel that the results are not formative.  We're updating Panorama to 5.1.2 to see if that will resolve the oddity.

Not applicable

An upgrade from Panorama 5.1.0 to 5.1.2 appears to have resolved the issue, I've been working in Panorama all day without this occurrence. mr.linus Chatri

• 1 accepted solution
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!