- We got 2 PA clusters with a leased line between them, joining two offices of the same company.
- Both offices have their own AD, servers, ...
- We have GlobalProtect configured on both devices.
- We have PanOS User-Id configured (so no agent) on both devices
- We have a user based security rule providing a "support" user access to certain devices.
=> This is all working fine, but only if we use each offices his local GlobalProtect connection. In other words, we can only reach servers in office A if we login to the GlobalProtect of office A.
- We now want to be able to GlobalProtect to office A, but reach servers on office B, with user restriction (this last part is the important part).
- When we create a rule on the PA of office B, to allow access from connection coming from office A to certain servers, the PA of office B does not know the user since it was authenticated via GlobalProtect on the PA of office A. Hence, we can not create user based security rules.
- Either give the GlobalProtect "support" user a fixed IP (that way we can work IP based instead of user based). But this is not possible I think, only by creating a separate portal + gateway?
- Passing on the user-ip mapping from office A to office B. But we only want the user-ip info of the GlobalProtect users (which are local users: same user exist on both devices). Is this possible, and if yes, how do we configure this?
Solved! Go to Solution.
I got it to work by:
- adding a Pan Agent with ip = mgmt ip of the other PA (on port 5007)
- enabling user-id under the management interface settings (device/setup)
- enable user-id identification on the zones connecting the two PAs
=> but we still only want to exchange the GP users, not all users. Is that possible?
Just to be clear, with OS-5.0 you may use to the User-ID collector feature to pass on User-IP mappings (Captive Portal, GP mappings) from firewall A to B (User ID collector OS-5.0) firewall.
But the option to selectively pass only GP User-IP mappings is not available.
Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.
The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!
These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the Live Community as a whole!
The Live Community thanks you for your participation!