PBF on 2 internet links on same ISP

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

PBF on 2 internet links on same ISP

L0 Member

Hi,

I would like use PBF to secure and share 2 internet links (same ISP)

When I configure public IP on the PA interfaces I have an error due to LAN overlap.

the primary link

eth4  x.y.z.99/24

the second

eth3 x.y.z.185/24

the ISP gateway is x.y.z.254 same for both links.

my lan interface eth2 192.168.2.82/19

my VR :

0.0.0.0/0 eth4 next hop IP x.y.z.254

How can I configure my PAN ?

thanks

3 REPLIES 3

L6 Presenter

Is it possible for you to get two linknets from your ISP, like RFC1918 based such as:

link1: 10.0.0.0/30 (you are .1 and ISP is .2)

link2: 10.0.0.4/30 (you are .5 and ISP is .6)

?

I guess the question here is what exactly are you attempting to accomplish here?

The purpose of PBF with 2 different ISP's is if 1 ISP/link goes down, then you can switch over to the second connection.

When you have 1 ISP and 2 separate IP's.. ??

Are you wanting to do this for redundancy? If so, why not setup Aggregate interfaces. And then NAT if you want to use different IP's to perform different functions.

I hope this helps a little.

LIVEcommunity team member
Stay Secure,
Joe
Don't forget to Like items if a post is helpful to you!

Hi,

I'm come back from holidays 😉

to mikand : my problem is that in this conf we can make a good test for pbf.

but I thank you,

to jdelio :

before I leave I've made a configuration but your suggestion is very interesting.

Unfortunatly, I don't know when we be able to plan a test because now we are on production on these links.

My conf is based on DHCP split; make a PBF for a half and used the default route for other people.

and a secondary default route with a greater metric.

bye,

jh

• 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!